2.13.2017

Purple Explosion

It's no secret I love the color purple.  It's hard to find a good purple ink color though.  That's why I might have squealed out loud when Catherine showed me her new ink line and the perfect shade of purple was in it.   I've told her I want this same color in darker and lighter shades too.  ;) 


In the meantime, I experimented with a little rock-n-roll technique using the tail feathers from the Paisley Peacock stamp set in the new Stamp of Approval, The Perfect Reason collection.  Combining the Aquatini color with the Flirty Fuchsia gave me a dark rich purple that I LOVE!   



For the strips of cardstock I simply used the direct-to-paper technique to color some white cardstock with Flirty Fuchsia, then I covered it with Vesrsamark and Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  Heat setting it turned the glitter shiny and made the color appear darker as well.  It's so much fun playing in my stamp room lately.

I was trying to go for a shadow look on my sentiment by stamping it twice, but I don't think I really achieved the look I was going for.  Oh well, it's still a lovely thank you card to add to my stash. 


Stamps: Paisley Peacock, Still Smiling (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Ink: Aquatini, Flirty Fuchsia, Midnight (Catherine Pooler Designs) Versamark
Paper: Bright White (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Accessories: Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (Stampin' Up)

1 comment:

LisaH said...

So pretty Heather! Those colors are beautiful together and I love the way you used the feathers.