1.08.2017

Sew Suday ~ Best of 2016 Part 2

Previously I had taken part in sewing challenges like "Fabulous Year of Finishes" and "One Monthly Goal".  Somewhere over the course of 2016 I stopped participating in them and I can see my work suffered without a deadline.  It felt like I didn't have much time for sewing and even less time for taking pictures, editing and writing up blog posts.  But, here we are with a best of Sew Saturday/Sunday part 2.  Perhaps it is time for me to start setting monthly goals and working towards completing them again.

This block had been on my to-make list since I first saw it.  It wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be.  I made it for my friend, Melissa Dunworth, and gave it away to put into a quilt made to honor & thank her for starting our local Modern Quilt Guild.  I loved  this block so much, that I want to make another one and turn it into a mini quilt to hang on my wall in 2017.
Clicky to see the finished quilt


My biggest finish of 2016 was my Grandma's quilt, and I haven't had a chance to share it with y'all yet.  I promise I will very soon.  In the meantime, here is that quilt on a field trip.  All that was left to do was adding the binding.
Clicky to see this post.  (it's a good one!)

This is my favorite quilt of the entire year, and I was not the one to make it.  It was made by the incredibly talented and sweet, Tina Davis.
Clicky to read all about it

Here is the mini quilt that almost caused me a divorce.  Not really, but my husband did hang the flag upside down on the design wall in protest.  ;)
Clicky to read all about this quilt

Over the summer I joined a very special group of very special quilters called the "courage circle" from do.good stitches.  Each month we create blocks and somebody puts them into a quilt that will go to child hospitalized while their parent is deployed.  These kids sacrifice so much so their moms & dads can defend our country.  It warms my heart to share our appreciation with them and bring them a little comfort while they are in the hospital.  I'll be sharing my October block with you next week, but here is my first block from September.

Wow!  I really am shocked at what I accomplished in 2016 and I haven't even shared with you a couple of big finishes like Grandma's quilt and Patchwork City QAL.  2017 is going to be even better.  The sewing machine is calling my name and creativity is flowing.  I'm going to stop typing and get some sewing in before it's time to go run errands.   Thank you for joining my sewing journey in 2016.  If you have a blog post about your 2016 finishes, please leave a link in the comments so I can come ooh and ahh over your work!

Tomorrow is my last "best of 2016" post, and it's a very special one.  I can't wait to share it with you!


1 comment:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Hi Heather, Quilting and Card making are my favorites too. Here's my Best of 2016 and Plans for 2017 post. Love your blog!
https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/2016/12/26/best-of-2016-and-goals-for-2017/