12.10.2016

Sew Saturday ~ Paint Chip Swap ~ Mini Quilt ~ Envelope Quilt

Last week I shared the mini quilt I made for our guild's paint chip swap that almost cost my marriage.  (just kidding... sort of...) When my husband saw the 12th flag quilt on my design wall he turned it upside down in protest.  LOL  Clicky if you missed that post.

The good news is that in exchange for that quilt, I got my own mini quilt.  The paint chip colors I chose were lilac and aqua.  Tina Davis received my paint chips and went to work studying me to come up with a quilt I would love.  She did an amazing job.  When I opened up my quilt I actually cried.


On the front were envelopes blocks in my colors and on the back she used envelope fabric with a label made of lined paper fabric and an envelope flap on top.  How sweet is that?!!!  




This  beauty will be hanging on the wall in my sewing room for years to come.  I cannot tell you how much I love it and how much it means to me.  Thank you once again, Tina, from the bottom of my heart for this special gift!!!

2 comments:

ednamburgess said...

Love the envelope quilt. I used to make them and haven't in a long time. Great design and colors. Edna

Anonymous said...

It's a great quilt and I love the backing fabric. Those are the same colors I chose for my F2F swap blocks in 2016. They are just great together!