3.07.2016

Masculine Monday ~ Birthday Brother

Confession Time 

I have a weakness for patterned paper.  If you were to look in my craft room it would be obvious immediately.  The only problem I have with this is that I rarely use patterened paper on my cards anymore and it is even more rare that I scrapbook these days.  This card doesn't put a dent in my stash, but it did get me looking through my patterned paper again, and that is a start.


The bonus is that using patterned paper meant this card for my brother came together super quick!  I cut a panel for the front of the card, then cut a 1"strip in contrasting paper.  Finally I cut a designer rectangle out of a 3rd piece of  paper. To add the finishing touch that gives it a more professional look I lightly sponged the edges of my sentiment panel and vertical strip.  This toned done the white edges from cutting.  My card was done, but it needed a little somethin' somethin' so I added a scattering of neutral candy dots.

When was the last time you pulled out your pretty paper and used it?  I challenge you to dig around your stash and use some patterned paper on a project this week.

Stamps: Young At Heart (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps for SOA)
Ink: Black (Hero Arts) Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Sahara Sand (SU) Stationer's Desk (Prima)
Accessories: Candy Dots: Nuetrals, Sponge (SU)


No comments: