3.04.2016

Happy Hello Life | Faded Distress Stencil Technique | Video

Hello, Friday!  Where have you been all week?  Friday truly is my favorite day of the week. It holds all of the promise of the weekend without having burned any of it up.  Since I work from home, I try to make Friday my creative day.  Today I will be working on some sewing of my grandma's quilt.  What are your plans for the weekend?


My card for today was inspired by my last official challenge as a design team member of Stampin' Celebration. Check out my last card as a design team member here if you missed it.   I stepped down from that challenge earlier this month first, to give others a chance to join the team and second, to step out of my comfort zone.  As long as I was a member of 2 design teams I didn't feel the push to look for another one.   


Now I am on the hunt for new design teams. Stretching ourselves as cardmakers is always good.  Have you heard of any design team calls lately?  CAS-ual Fridays is having one and Saturday, March 5th is the last day to send in your application.


 I filmed a video for this card, but I am battling allergies so I think I sound really funny.  Hopefully you will still find a tip or two to inspire you in your creativity.


 

***Note: The stencil I used is now sold old and won't be available for at least 6 months.  You could easily substitute with one of the stencils in the Happy Patterns collection from SU, or search your favorite brand for something similar.

Stamps: Hello Life (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: Harleen Stencil (Winnie & Walter for SOA) Mini Ink Blending Tool (Ranger) Blueprints 24 (My Favorite Things) It's My Party Enamel Dots (SU) Wink of Stella, Glossy Accents
Hello Life
It's My Party Enamel Dots by Stampin' Up!
It's My Party Enamel Dots


3 comments:

Shirley said...

Great video showing your stencil technique and really nice card.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Heather! I do like that type of background and I've been looking for a stencil like that with a shape I like. I wanted the circle one, after you did a great card with it, but they were sold out. I will keep looking for one. This one looks good!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Great video and card! I love the sentiment! <3