3.16.2016

Gone with the Wind ~ StampNation Sneak Peek

We have a very controversial challenge this week at StampNation.  I thought it would be fun to have a movie inspired challenge and chose one of the most popular American films of all times, Gone with the Wind.  


It turns out, over half of our design team had never seen the movie nor read the book.  The faced the challenge like true champs and used the icon pictures from the movie to create some fabulous cards.  You can see the challenge today at StampNation.  Here is a sneak peek of my card.



Actually I made 2 cards.  Both with gelatos.  On one I used the smooth side of my watercolor cardstock, on the second card  I used the rough side.  Both give a really cool look of the sky over Tara.  


I wanted to create an orange and blue sky like the iconic picture below, but I only had pink, blue and purple gelatos, so I made those work for me.  It was fun to play with something new, and those gelatos had been in my drawers since I first tried them at StampNation Live 2 years ago.


I have two questions for you today.

1. How would be inspired by Gone With The Wind when making a project?
2.  Have you seen the movie or read the book?


Stamps: Frankly (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine) Gelatos
Paper: Basic Black (SU) Distress Watercolor (Tim Holtz)
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder (SU) DIE 222-Z (Impression Obsession) MISTI


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like both your cards, but especially the one on the rough side. The pink and purple is more desert color to me, so I like it better than the original. LOL

Yes, I read the book as a teenager and I saw the movie a number of times over the years. It's hard to imagine there are so many people who haven't done at least one of those! It's a classic, like Bogart and Bacall in Casablanca!

Shirley said...

Beautiful sneak peek.